Beautiful new office spaces for Business in the Bedfordshire town of Biggleswade.
Office Naming for Schools Competition
Winners & Official Opening
On Friday 2nd March Connections House was formally opened by winning student, Chelsea Woods (Stratton Upper), runners-up Tristan Hancock (Holmemead Middle), Charlotte Jakes (Edward Peake) and Biggleswade Mayor, Councillor Tim Woodward.
Chelsea suggested the name "The Connection" and a logo idea which formed the final logo, now displayed at the entrance of the building, and a smaller version was given to Chelsea as a momento.
Tristan's entry of Biceil Sidings and Charlotte's suggestion of TecLab were selected as commended entries from their respective schools.
Jason Higgins, Managing Director of Harmony Internet Ltd, who ran the competition explained "We received almost 200 entries, and we have also awarded two runner-up prizes."
Stratton Upper also received a cheque for £500 towards IT equipment as the winning school.
Office Naming for Schools Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to all UK residents (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) who are fully enrolled students at the following 3 Biggleswade Schools: Holmemead Middle School, SG18 8JU, Edward Peake Church or England (VC) Middle School, SG18 0EJ and Stratton Upper School, SG18 8JB except:-
a) Harmony Internet Ltd members of staff or relatives of Harmony staff member or its affiliates; or
b) Staff members or relatives of H2 Properties, Richardson & Peat, or any other person involved in the competition or the organization of the construction or relatives of such a person.
The residency requirements above must be met on the closing date for submissions. Harmony reserve the right to request proof of age and school enrollment for entrants as well as parent's or guardian's consent. Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Entrants must ask their parent/guardian for permission to enter this competition and agree to these terms and conditions
- Entries will not be returned
2. Entry to the competition is by submitting an original design and name for the office buildings on the competition leaflet, following these instructions:-
Please DO make sure your design:-
- Is a drawing, painting or collage
- Is original
- Is applicable to an office building
Please make sure your design DOES NOT:-
- Copy (or contain/resemble) any original works (i.e. known characters, mascots, brands)
- Contain any negative or derogative words
- Please note that entries which contain any of the above will be disqualified
Please also note:-
- If entrants wish to, they can include up to 100 words of text describing the name and the inspiration behind their design
- If entrants submit more than one entry, only the first entry logged will be judged and all others will be disregarded
- Entries should be the work of only one person
3. All entries will be judged based on the following criteria:-
- Creative: The design must be striking and original
- Usable: The design must be simple enough to work on small and large scales, in black and white and in colour
- Relevant: The designs will have relevant meaning to the office building
4. There is only one method of entering the competition:-
- Submitting the design to the relevant school representatives, who will pass on the entries to the competition organizers.
- All submissions must consist of a competition leaflet with the design and the entrant's full name, school, class and age in clear legible form.
5. Entries must be received by no later than Monday 16th January 2012:-
Late or illegible entries will be disqualified. Harmony cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction, including but not limited to any affecting postal services, which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
6. By submitting an entry for the competition, the entrant and the entrant's parent/carer/guardian are deemed to have given consent for the design to be used free of charge by Mr J R Higgins and Harmony Internet Limited or its designated agents for any purpose in connection with the offices including, but not limited to, marketing and advertising purposes in connection with the offices. They also consent for the image to be used free of charge by Harmony Internet or its designated agents in all media worldwide for all purposed in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television platforms, newspaper and Internet.
By taking part in the competition, the entrant and the entrant's parent or guardian also consent and agree to assign to Harmony Internet Limited all copyright in their design should the design be shortlisted for consideration by the panel of experts and sign any relevant form or agreements provided by Harmony Internet to reflect such assignment (without amendment). Failure (or delay) to sign the relevant document will result in the entry being disqualified.
7. By taking part in the competition, the entrant and the entrant's parent or guardian agree to:-
a) being interviewed by the press in order to create content for the purpose of publicizing the competition including any associated output.
b) signing any additional documentation that may be required in connection with this competition, such as, but not limited to, declarations for security, health and safety or confidentiality in order to assign all intellectual property in submitted designs to Harmony Internet Ltd.
8. It is a condition of entry that all entrants keep a copy of their submitted designs and any correspondence entered into with Mr J R Higgins or Harmony Internet Ltd confidential at all times. You therefore agree not to disclose to any third party without the prior written consent of Harmony Internet Limited. All shortlisted entrants shall be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement which prohibits the disclosure of any information in relation to the competition. Failure to comply with this important obligation prior to Harmony Internet publically launching the name and logo of the offices in 2012 will result in immediate withdrawal from the competition.
9. All entries will be judged in the first instance by an initial panel consisting of Harmony Internet Ltd staff and consultants. The judging panel will shortlist the 3 best entries.
10. Telephone calls will be made to the 3 schools with shortlisted entrants to notify the parent/guardians by the 23rd January 2012 confirming that designs have been shortlisted. This panel will then choose the ultimate winner.
The winners will be announced by 3rd February 2012.
The top 3 entrants will receive an award certificate.
The prize for the ultimate winner will consist of a session with a Harmony Internet Ltd designer, and an award at the opening day of the office. The ultimate winner's school will receive £500.00 towards IT equipment.
11. The ultimate winner must be available for publicity purposes with Harmony Internet Ltd during February 2012. if an entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, and/or is unable to attend or is found to be in breach of the rules, Harmony reserves the right to offer their place to the next best entrant. All shortlisted entrants who have not been successful will not be contacted.
12. All prizes mentioned in section 10 above will be as stated. The prizes cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative.
13. Mr J R Higgins and Harmony Internet Limited's joint decisions as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
14. Harmony Internet Limited (or its suppliers) may need to make modifications to the winning design for a variety of purposes. This may consist of significant alterations to the winner's original design to ensure that the design is usable in all media and for a variety of purposes (i.e. print, online, TV). Also Harmony Internet Limited may add wording to the final design.
15. Harmony Internet reserves the right to cancel the competition or any of these rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control, including but not limited to not using the winning design, should the construction of the offices be cancelled.
16. Harmony Internet will only ever use personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without permission. Harmony Internet will make arrangements to store all information securely and not to pass it on to any other parties.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England.